Meet our fabulous committee for 2019/18
- Name: Sophie Walker
- Email: email@example.com
- Study: Chemistry (Masters)
- Hometown: Appleby
- Favourite Hike: Probably Fiacaill Ridge, Bernia Ridge (Spain) or Catbells (the sentimental hike)
- Essential hiking kit: loves, gloves and more gloves! And a good, homemade trail mix!
- Biggest Hiking Fail: belly-flopping face first into a very soggy bog, 2km into the start of a long walk on a cold and windy day in Snowdonia...
- Name: Liz Atkinson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Study: 2nd Year Mathematics BSC.
- Hometown: Kendal
- Favourite Hike: Cairn Toul-Braeriach traverse.
- Essential hiking kit: Kendal Mint Cakes
- Biggest hiking fail: Walking down a cliff face, instead of down the ridge.
Treasurer (Mr. BUSY)
- Name: Callum Starling
- Email: email@example.com
- Study: 2nd Year MSc Maths
- Hometown: Middlesbrough
- Favourite Hike: Skiddaw
- Essential hiking kit: Rainbow belts
- Biggest hiking fail: 'I haven't had any'
- Name: Marcus Rowe
- Study: Arabic and Chinese
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hometown: Dunny-on-the-Wold
- Favourite Hike: South Glen Sheil Ridge
- Essential Hiking Kit: bottle of good port
- Biggest hiking fail: Not bringing millionaire’s shortbread on a hike.
- Name: Matthew Hoff (The Hoff)
- Study: 3rd Year History
- Email: email@example.com
- Hometown: Wigan, an island of pies, Uncle Joe's Mint Balls and civilisation in the desolate wasteland of Greater Manchester
- Favourite Hike: Nantlle Ridge in Snowdonia
- Essential Hiking Kit: A pork and pickle pie, and a packet of sugar
- Biggest hiking fail: Walking 15km and up and down several mountains without really eating much, and the associated near-death experience.
- Name: Emma Dean
- Study: 3rd Year Graphic Design
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hometown: Halifax, West Yorkshire
- Favourite Hike: Helvelyn
- Essential Hiking Kit: Camera and chocolate
- Biggest Hiking Fail: Sitting in the survival shelter whilst everybody else helped move the stuck mini bus from an icy road
- Name: Sarah Organ
- Study: Graduate
- Email: email@example.com
- Hometown: London
- Favourite Trip: Mystery Weekend
- Essential Hiking Kit: lipsalv on a Carabiner on my bag
General Committee Member
- Name: Joe Lawley ("Grandpa Joe")
- Study: 1st Year Climate Change Mitigation PhD
- Hometown: Cockermouth
- Favourite Hike: Fleetwith Pike (via Fleetwith Edge) onto Haystacks
- Essential Hiking Kit: Zip-off trousers
- Biggest hiking fail: Tripped over my own feet and fell into a patch of nettles
GENERAL COMMITTEE MEMBER
- Name: Jonathon Coney
- Study: 3rd Year Mathematics
- Hometown: Darkside of the Penines
- Favourite Hike: Blencathra
- Essential Hiking Kit: Sausage Rolls
- Biggest Hiking Fail: Climbing a mountain and realising I'd left my coat in the gear van which was 10 miles away
GENERAL COMMITTEE MEMBER