If you need any further advice with regards to what gear is suitable or what you need for a particular trip, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ask a any member of the committee.
If you turn up to a trip without the correct gear & the leaders deem your gear inappropriate, you will not be able to come on the trip & regrettably cannot be refunded.
As a member of the club you are entitled to borrow any equipment from our gear store free of charge. Please email the hoff (Matthew Hoff) at email@example.com
In addition, all members are entitled to discounts in many outdoor gear shops. A 10% discount on all full priced items has been kindly given to all LUUHC members by Nevisport:
Sunday trips essentials:
- Walking boots - NO TRAINERS
- Hiking boots are tough with thick soles, ankle protection and generally some level of waterproofing. It is these features, not present on trainers, which are important and prevent us from taking people out without boots
- Suitable walking trousers - NO JEANS
- Suitable walking top/baselayer - NO COTTON
- Small daysack (20-30 litres is ideal)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Spare warm layers (wrap in a drybag/plastic bag while in your rucksack to keep them dry)
- Warm hat and gloves
- Packed lunch
- A survival bag
- Water (minimum of 1 litre, more if it is very warm weather)
- Personal medication (please inform walk leader of any existing medical conditions)
Weekend trip essentials:
Everything you need for a Sunday trip, and in addition...
- Sleeping bag and sleeping mat. (Depending on accommodation. The club has a number of sleeping bags and sleeping mats which we are able to loan out. Please indicate at the signup if you need to borrow these items.)
- Head torch and spare batteries
- A complete set of dry clean clothes and a pair of trainers for the evening and travelling
- Wash kit and towel
- Packed lunch for every day
- Money for pub, chip shop...
For more details and more useful items, please look at our comprehensive kit list for weekend trips.
Winter trip essentials
Everything you need for a weekend trip, and in addition...
Hiking boots must be crampon-rated winter boots (B2 or higher)
A larger rucksack (35 litres or more is ideal)
Extra warm layers
Warm hat/balaclava and several pairs of (waterproof) gloves
Extra food (many calories)
Bivi bag / orange survival bag
The club has sufficient crampons and ice axes which members can borrow for the trips.
Please note: everyone who intends to join us on a winter trip must attend the Winter Trip Safety/Skills Briefing before they are allowed on the trip.